February 18 2023
I. Explanation of definitions
- Personal Data Administrator – the Copernican Academy with its seat in Warsaw, at Al. Jana Chrystiana Szucha 25 (00-580) Warsaw.
- Personal Data – information about a natural person identified or identifiable by one or more factors specific to physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity, including IP of the device, location data, internet identifier and information collected through cookies and other similar technology.
- RODO – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data and on the free flow of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC.
- the Act – the Act of 28 April 2022 on the Copernican Academy (Journal of Laws 2022, item 1459).
II. Contact detailsThe Administrator is available via the postal address Akademia Kopernikańska, Al. Jana Chrystiana Szucha 25, 00-580 Warsaw or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Administrator has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted in all matters related to personal data at the email address email@example.com .
III. Purposes and legal basis of data processing
use of the website www.akademiakopernikanska.gov.pl (hereinafter the “Site”):In connection with the use of the Site, the Administrator collects data to the extent necessary for the purposes of administering the Site (including IP address or other identifiers and information collected through cookies or other similar technologies). This data is processed for the purposes of:
- the provision of electronic services in terms of providing you with access to the content collected on the Site – the legal basis for the processing is the necessity of the processing for the performance of the contract (Article 6(1)(b) RODO);
- for analytical and statistical purposes – the legal basis for processing is the Administrator’s legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) RODO) in generating statistical analyses to assist in the administration of the Site;
- for the purposes of possible establishment and investigation of claims or defence against claims – the legal basis of the processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) RODO), consisting in the protection of its rights;
Participation in the Copernican Academy Program:The Copernican Academy performs tasks under the Act. In connection with the performance of these tasks, personal data may be processed:
- for the purposes of the Program referred to in Article 3(1) of the Act, including the financing of scientific research, the awarding of Copernican Scholarships, Copernican Grants, support for Nicolaus Copernicus High School, the awarding of Copernican Prizes, the appointment of Copernican Academy Ambassadors and the granting of financial support for their tasks, the organisation of the World Copernican Congress, the preparation and organisation of conferences, symposia and seminars and international cooperation – the legal basis for data processing is the performance of a legal obligation (art. 6(1)(c) RODO) and in some cases the consent of the data subject (Art. 6(1)(a) RODO);
- in order to comply with obligations under tax legislation – the legal basis for processing is the performance of a legal obligation (Article 6(1)(c) RODO);
- for analytical and statistical purposes – the legal basis for processing is the Administrator’s legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) RODO) in carrying out analysis and statistics related to the performed tasks;
- in order to possibly establish and assert or defend against claims – the legal basis of the processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) RODO), consisting of the protection of its rights;
- for the performance of necessary internal operations of an archiving or organisational nature – the legal basis is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) RODO);
- for the purposes of self-promotion – the legal basis for processing is the Administrator’s legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) RODO) in carrying out direct marketing.
Conduct of correspondence:Personal data contained in traditional and electronic correspondence addressed to the Administrator shall be processed to the extent necessary for the conduct of the correspondence and for the purposes derived therefrom. The legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) of the RODO) to conduct correspondence addressed to it in connection with its tasks.
Social mediaThe Administrator processes Personal Data of Users visiting its social media profiles. The processing of this data is exclusively related to the running of a given profile and is aimed in particular at informing Users about the Administrator’s activities (including the implementation of the Copernican Academy Program) and promoting various types of events. The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data for this purpose is the Administrator’s legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) RODO) in self-promotion. Each social media channel has its own policy on how it processes and protects Personal Data:
- YouTube is provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA and in the EU by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. Information on data processing by YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/intl/ALL_pl/howyoutubeworks/user-settings/privacy/;
- – Information on the processing of personal data by Twitter, 355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103 USA, and in the EU by Twitter International Company 1 Cumberland St. S, Fenian St, Dublin 2, D02 AX07, Ireland, is available at: https://twitter.com/en/privacy.
Collection of contact data:In connection with the performance of its tasks, the Administrator collects personal data (contact data). The data may be collected by the Administrator from publicly available sources (e.g. contact details on the website), as well as gathered during congresses, conferences, seminars and symposia, organised by the Administrator or other subjects (e.g. by exchanging business cards). The legal basis for the processing of contact data is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Art. 6(1)(f) RODO), consisting in the creation of a network of contacts related to the implemented Program.
Cooperation with service providers:The Administrator processes personal data in connection with the cooperation with service providers. The processing includes contact data of persons designated by the supplier as contact persons in their relationship with the Administrator, e.g. persons responsible on the supplier’s side for the conclusion and performance of the contract with the Administrator. The purpose of the processing of this data is to conduct ongoing communication with the service providers and to maintain the relationship with them. The legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) RODO) to communicate with service providers.